Friday, October 16, 2009

Typhoon's sickness

Typhoon, my sweetheart cavalier king charles male, suffered an accident. His hip came loose three weeks ago. He was in a lot of pain. He cried and it broke my family's hearts. The vet put him in a caste, and told me to ground him for two weeks, to see if the hip will recover or will he need surgery. It was a horrible two weeks for Typhoon and my family. Typhoon who used to be with me almost all the time, walked and ran freely, had to stay in a crate 24/7. Of course, the crate is sizeable, but it's still a crate and not a big open space that he's used to living in and walk and run freely. Typhoon is a very attaching cavalier. He has sweet but sad eyes. Can you imagine that when he's ill, his eyes looked even sadder. It brought sadness and tears to me almost everyday.

Fortunately that once the grounding period was over, the vet said his hip won't need surgery but forbids him from jumping. The vet didn't need to because Typhoon can't jump anymore. Typhoon used to jump and sleep on my bed with Prince, another cavalier. But now, he can't. So Typhoon sleeps on a cushion. It's a cushion he never bothered with before, but now he loves it, LOL. Sometimes I picked him up to sleep with me on the bed, and he would sleep happily.

We still need to observe his condition for a while.



This cushion, which Typhoon never bothered with, is now his favorite cushion.

Sometimes I pick him up to sleep with me on the bed. He would sit up feeling elegant for a while.


Then he would fall asleep happily.

11 comments:

Saiyai's Appealing Rochester and Elissa Taylor said...

Oh No Dad,

What have you done!!!! You have to be careful you are getting older (hehe!)

I know however, that any sick dog is in the best place possible if they live with your owner, Joom.

With love from Chester (your son) and Elissa.

Rick Morgan said...

Poor Typhoon. I hope he recovers well and has no more pain. Keep us updated on his progress.

BL said...

Hugs and kisses for Typhoon from Indonesia.

Jennifer said...

Poor Typhoon....look at him....he is so pretty...humble...

It breaks my heart to know he got painful.Will pray for him to speedy recover.

Hugs to you, Typhoon, get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Na Joom+
Sorry to hear that na ka. Wish Typhoon get better soon. Fortunately, he doesn't need surgery.

Ink

Carina said...

Oh!! I am so sad thet Typhoon had this bad accident... =o(

But I am happy that he didn't needed surgery.

He looks so sweet and loving, laying on the cushion....

Give him a big kiss from me and my cavalier girls!! =o)

Love!

sugarhills said...

OH, Tyhoon look so sad...
we will pray for a speedy recovery.
Kiss him from us Joom!
Hugs
Ellika and Peter

Natalia said...

I am pleased that Typhoon does not need surgery.
I hope he recovers soon.
I hope that is not in pain.
A kiss

Roxana said...

Oh Typhoon! I hope you are feeling better. But I must agree with Elissa, any sick dog is in the best playce possible in your arms Mrs. Joom! I am sure he will be just fine and spoiled as always!
He is a sweet boy!

My heart goes to him.

Hugs,
Roxana

Natalia said...

How is the boy?
Is this better?
Does it hurt?

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Typhoon is much better. He can walk but not jump. He sleeps in my bedroom every night, as ever.

Thank you Natalia and everybody.