Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A small tribute to Matt Nicosia

I would like to make a small tribute to abreeder whom I always admired , Matthew Nicosia , Baron 's breeder. Matt is a good friend, an honest mentor . And anyone who knows Baron will probably argue that Matt is a great breeder, but Matt is very modest. He always says that he still has a long way to go. ( I usually think to myself that if he goes a long way from here , he would be breeding angels,LOL)

When people admire Baron as an outstanding dog , proven by his title of being the number 1 smooth coat chihuahua of Thailand for two years running , Matt would quitely congratulate me and hide behide. Never once have Matt come out to say " That's my dog!!" " That's breeding"

The space here does not allow me to write much longer. I just want to say that although I do not write about Matt everyday , I think of him everytime I look at Baron. How lucky I am to have Baron from Matt , and to becoming one of Matt's friends. Thank you for evrything , Matt.

Am.Th.Ch. Marlisa Dancin Away Baron ,
the number 1 chihuahua smooth coatof Thailand , the year 2008-2009
BRED BY MATTHEW NICOSIA

4 comments:

Mary said...

I couldn't agree with you more....the very best breeders are often those who don't realize how much of an impact they have made in their chosen breed! They are constantly learning,always ethical & forever humble... That's what makes them great!!

Anonymous said...

Joom,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I just like to keep people happy with me and not the other way. I do want to breed the very best dog that I possible can but have just been too busy with my grandchildren who I love very much and love to just be with them. I am starting to get back into breeding and showing a little bit more. I help a friend of mine from Canada and just love going into the ring with her very nice dogs.
Again, thank you very much .

Matt and Georgia

I hope I get to visit with Erika this weekend.

Carina said...

What a nice tribute to a good breeder Joom!
Matt seems to be a wonderful person.
Thanks for sharing! =o)

Toni said...

Dear Joom,

What a lovely tribute to your nice friend who sounds like a very genuine and humble person.

I have seen pics of some of his breeding and it is fabulous ,if I had such lovely dogs I dont think I could be as gracious as Matt.

In afraid Id be letting them all know that they were my lines. ah ha ha ..LOL

I guess I could learn some humility from Matt, might be a good idea I think.

cheers Toni