Saturday, August 16, 2008

I really miss my daughter, Saiyai, since the first day she left.

Our family took a photo together at the airport, a few minutes before Saiyai flew. This must be our family's last picture together this year.


Ua, Saiyai's best friend, went to send her off. Ua is also leaving to study at Helsinki and London. She got a scholarship to study Performing Arts, there. It will be very beneficial for her family business, which is managing a theatre in Bangkok. Saiyai and Ua have been best friends for many years and will be forever.

Saiyai, my eldest child, flew to New York to study at NYU, yesterday. Even though this departure is something we know of for a long time, and isn't the first time Saiyai leaves home for abroad, I don't know why this occasion makes us miss her so much.

Saiyai travels abroad often. Earlier, she studied at Beijing and worked at Shang-Hai, China. We should be used to the idea of being far apart, but we're not. We began missing her a lot since the first day she left.

Anyway, Saiyai won't be away for too long. She'll be back by the end of the year. She seriously planned that when she will return to New York next time, she will take er two lovely ugly dogs with her. They're Tan-Ong, a pug, and Luk-pong, a French bulldog. They're simple, and actually quite ugly, but she loves them a lot.

Saiyai is a child that when around, she can help me with anything. She's like a secretary, an assistant. She's the child that knows and understands me best. She's amazing. She is my dear daughter.

I really miss my daughter, Saiyai, since the first day she left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pee Joom ja,

Your daughter Saiyai will be truly missed =) She is wonderful, I have met her personally... remember the dog she rescued from the guardhouse when she thought that dog was being maltreated? I think that was totally sweet of her...

As a mother, we always want what's best for our children... we want them to grow strong and reach their goals and be a blessing to others =)

She'll be back... just hold on sister...

Hugs hugs,
Lala =)

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Lala,

It touches me that Ialways you as my friend whenever I need it.

Anyway,Saiyai have just gave me a call about one hour ago, she just arrived to New York two hours behind the schedule. Her friends overthere came to pick her up. It got me releived but I still missed her so much.

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet and beautiful post. You are two-of-a-kind because she is clearly missing her mom A LOT! She'll be all right, though! She is a tough girl and she will be home soon!

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thanks,Skyler,for making my day!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ja,

This is the loveliest blog ka. I am going to miss Saiyai a lot. And I'll definitely miss you and all those tiny little doggies. Saiyai is a tough girl-- so she'll survive no matter what (of course with lots of conplaints for us to read^^). From now on I will be your blog fan forever ka.

Best,
Ua

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

หนูเอื้อ จ๋าดีใจมากที่ได้คุยกับเอื้อ เหมือนได้คุยกับลูกสาวอีกคน....

ใช่ วันนี้จ๋ากับพ่อโทร.คุยกับสายใย she บ่นๆๆๆ โดยเฉพาะเรื่องของแพง ซึ่ง she ก็รู้อยู่แล้ว แต่อย่างว่า... sheบ่นทุกที่ที่ไป ว่าของแพง แต่ she ก็จะซื้อๆๆๆ ให้สาสมกับที่มันแพง ฮะ ฮะ แต่ครั้งนี้ she จะทำยังงั้นไม่ได้ เพราะมีเงินติดตัวไปจำกัดมากกกกก ฮ่าๆๆๆๆ

ดีใจที่รู้ว่าเอื้อจะ keep in touch จ๋าขอให้เอื้อเดินทางปลอดภัย พบเจอแต่คนดีๆ สิ่งดีๆ เรื่องราวดีๆ และเขียนมารายงานจ๋าเป็นระยะ พร้อมทั้งส่งรูปสวยๆมาให้ดูด้วย โดยเฉพาะเมื่อพบเจอตำรวจใน helsingi ที่ไม่ใช่หน้าสถานทูตอเมริกา โปรดถ่ายรูปคู่มาอวด เพราะที่นั่น...ตำรวจเป็นของหายาก