Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saiyai is ok in New York

My husband and I talked with my daughter, Saiyai, this morning, Thailand time, which means evening time in New York. She said she's fine. She's lucky to have a good roommate. Her roommate is an American, who came another state. Her name is Laura. She arranged the apartment since before Saiyai arrived. Saiyai is also lucky she's got many friends there, and they're helpful. This is one of the benefit from her travels and her study at Tsinghua University, Beijing, which had many people from around the world studying in, including Ken, a nice Chinese-American. Ken works at Standard and Poor in New York. Ken helps Saiyai a lot, incuding picking up Saiyai at the airport. Skyler, one of Saiyai's best friend, also flew from Chicago, to meet and help Saiyai on her arrival. How lucky Saiyai is to have them as friends.

Saiyai complained about the expenses in New York. In fact Saiyai complains everywhere she goes about the expenses. When she moved from Beijing to work at Shang-Hai, she was shocked how much more expensive it was. LOL. Now, she's in New York. She has no right to expect that things will be as cheap as in Thailand. Yet she complains and complains. LOL. She has to plan her spending, strictly.

I' post a picture of Saiyai in Shang-Hai on this blog because she hasn't taken any photos in New York yet. She said she's busy sorting things out, including her computer. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joom: so glad she arrived safly and is in her apartment. New York has an amazing fast paced life with so many things to do!!
As A dog lover, I travel frequently to the city to attend the numberous dog events. It seems you can certainly make a life out there with just YOU AND A DOG... (LOL)... its a dog lovers heaven.. you can wine and dine with your dog, shop with your dogs, have matching clothing with your dog, be a dog...(LOL) anything goes.

Lots of continous luck with her studies and hoping to meet her soon :o)

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Michelle,

Thankyou for your comment, I know that you're busy with both two legs and four legs kids. Still, you're trying to keep in touch with me. I'm really appreciated. I felt very good that besides Saiyai's friends she also has you.

Yes, I can wine and dine with my dogs and I can also shop with them sometimes ( there's not so many places that allow dogs to get in here)Anyway, I will not have matching clothing with my dogs. I don't want to make my dogs to have an old, fat and ugly twins, LOL.