Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm happy with every minute of being a mother

Yesterday was Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday. In Thailand, that is the nation's Mother's Day. So, we wish long live Her Majesty the Queen.

For me, I was awakened by my three kids. They came to express their love and gave me a garland of jasmine. It's a Thai tradition. What told me they love me and wish for my happiness on this special day, which only the mothers, deserve that day.

Even though our express of love is something done constantly in m family, I was still very happy they came to do this for me on Mother's Day.

My husband also wanted to share this moment. He was the photographer. That's why the pictures came out so bad. LOL. The pictures were taken when I just awoke and my children just got out of bed. But they're pictures I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Yesterday, my family spent the day together. My husband and my kids took me to lunch. They asked me to choose the restaurant and I chose an Italian restaurant. When we arrived, we found many other families who took their mothers out on the day. Even though going out to dinner together is something my family do together all the time, yesterday lunch was very special for me (my husband paid for the lunch. LOL.) Even in the evening, my husband had a meeting for a small discussion at a hotel, the whole family went. My kids and I had some drinks. After that the whole family went to have dinner together. We took photos together at the hotel.








As I've said, it was so special to me, even though the various activities were something we always do together anyway. How can anything be more special? I enjoy being a mother from the very first second I gave birth to my first child, 24 years ago. Being a mother, to me, is the best thing in my life. Nothing has yet made me happier. All my kids are very good. That's enough for a mother.

Another special thing about yesterday was also the fact that there are so few days left before Saiyai, my eldest child, leaves to study in NYU, New York, this Friday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

วันนี้ขอ comment เป็นภาษาไทยน่ะครับ อ่านแล้วรู้สึกอบอุ่นมากเลยครับ อิ่มใจมากครับ ความสุขที่แท้อยู่แค่นี้เอง





ปล.ขอบคุณ Blog ของบ้านสายใยน่ะครับ ที่ทำให้ภาษาอังกฤษในด้านการอ่านของผมดีขึ้นเยอะเลย ชอบการเขียนของบ้านสายใยมากเลยครับ

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

ขอบคุณมากนะคะที่ไม่รังเกียจ blog ที่เต็มไปด้วยรูปที่ทุกคนเพิ่งตื่นนอน LOL

ภาษาอังกฤษที่เขียนก็ไม่ดีนักหรอกค่ะ บ่อยครั้งที่ต้องกลับมาแก้ใหม่อีกที...เพราะมันผิด แต่ที่ยังเขียนเป็นภาษาอังกฤษก็เพราะมีเพื่อนต่างชาติหลายคน ถ้าเขียน 2 ภาษาบางครั้งมันยาวไปและเชื่อว่าเพื่อนๆคนไทยก็อ่านภษาอังกฤษได้สบายมาก เพราะภาษาอังกฤษของดิฉันก็ so simple เชียวค่ะ

ขอบคุณมากๆอีกครั้งนะคะ

Unknown said...

อ่านแล้วประทับใจมากมายกับความรักอย่างเต็มเปี่ยมของครอบครัวพี่จุ๋ม ที่มีต่อกันและกันอยู่เสมอ

วันแม่สำหรับแม่ช่างเปนวันที่แสนวิเศษสำหรับผู้เปนแม่ค่ะพี่

ลูกพี่จุ๋มได้กระทำสิ่งดีๆต่อพ่อแม่ สิ่งดีๆก็จะกลับมาหาเค้าค่ะ

ชื่นใจจริงๆ

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

ดีใจจังที่ได้ข่าวจาก"น้องบี" แม่...ผู้ยิ่งใหญ่อีกคนที่พี่รู้จัก

น้องบี ยิ่งใหญ่ในความเป็นแม่ ทั้งสำหรับ nongthee และลูกๆ 4 ขา(ซึ่งบางตัวเหลือไม่ครบ 4 ขา LOL)

keep up high นะน้องบีนะ

Anonymous said...

Dear Pee Joom,

Hi!!! I'am so happy to know that
last Mother's Day was a great day for you and your family!! You have a very lovely family.
We celebrated here at home too... My brother and brother in-law dropped by at home for dinner and brought some jasmin garlands for Khun Meh... In the morning early morning, Shawn gave his Khun Yai a greeting card and Kelly gave her Khun Yai a tiger's eye bracelet which she had saved up from her allowance!! =) as for me, I got lot's of hugging from them and from my mother too..

Again wishing you all the best =)

Love you,
Lala =)

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Lala,

It's great to know that you also had a mother's day that is sweet and warm.

you wrote:
"as for me, I got lot's of hugging from them and from my mother too.."
It touches me. Lala, you deserve it all and you are a great and tough mother. We both know that.