Friday, February 20, 2009

My perfect birthday at 54 years young!!!


Today...I am 54 years old. I used to think that it's an old age. When I was a teenager, I used to think that once I turn 50, I would probably feel old.

But once I turned 50, and now 54, I find myself to really enjoy my life.

Of course, the wrinkles, grey hair, and forgetfullness have arrived since the early 50s. So it's no surprise that, at the age of 54, they are with me like shadows.

But on the other hand, the age of 54 brought with it the realization that perhaps, this is the best time of my life. I can look at all my children and proudly say that they are all good children. I look at my husband and see a man I've spent almost 30 years of my life with, and have always expressed his love for me. He is probably the main reason I look so old and fat. Every morning he would say he loves me and every night he would say I'm beautiful (I know it's not true but like it.HAHAH). Makes me complacent and not aware of the aging that approaches.

At the age of 54, I have many good friends, own many dogs which others would love to have, and these dogs love me unconditionally.

I've never considered cosmetic surgery even though wrinkles have not been kind but never mind. I've never thought of hiding my real age. I've never wanted o use any of the pictures from my younger days when I give interviews to local newspapers. Why should I? Many lives have had to end young. It's not as if they would want not to grow old. Some have to grow old alone. I'm not like that. I have people love me and dogs that worship me (of course there are people that hates,hurts and harms me but I choose not to care.)

MY husband gave me flowers and a nice simple wish (and hopefully genuine) as my birthday present. I don't like anything artificial so I only appreciate fresh flowers. So the flowers I received from my husband and children once a year is something I keep with till next year. It'll wither and changes colour but it's something that always cheer me up till my next birthday.

This morning, I went out to offer food to the monks, just like every other morning.

My husband and Sa took me out for a birthday meal with my brother's family, whose birthday is near to mine. It's a simple meal, and something we do repetitively, but I always enjoy it nonetheless.

Saiyai and Kawee sent their love across the oceans from New York and Vancouver, respectively. When I returned home, the dogs do not know if this is my birthday or any other day, but they show me overwhelming love. This is enough to make my birthday perfect.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mom :)

I love you very very much and wish you all the best! I wish I could be there to celebrate it with you.

Love,
Saiyai

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday น่ะครับป้าจุ๋ม

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday ครับน้าจุ๋ม

น้องบีม นิค และเจ้าแจสเปอร์ ขอให้น้าจุ๋มมีสุขภาพแข็งแรงครับ และมีความสุขตลอดปีครับ

Anonymous said...

ขอให้ป้าจุ๋ม มีความสุข และสุขภาพแข็งแรงนะคะ
ความรัก ความเอื้ออารี ความปรารถนาดีต่อเพื่อนมนุษย์และน้องหมาทุกๆตัวของป้าจุ๋ม ขอให้คืนกลับสู่ป้าจุ๋มและครอบครัวของป้าจุ๋มนะคะ

bend

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Joom,

I just wanted to wish you the best on your birthday! I hope you have a great day.

Love you everyday,
Mary

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOOM!!!

54 IS YOUNG!!!!

You are old when you are past 70.

Although in your case, you probably never be considered "old" because you have a lot of imagination and you are clever. Your mind must be like a beehive, always busy.

You are the luckiest woman in the world, with all those wonderful kids, a great husband, so many loving friends, champion dogs that would die for you, and a good career. Oh, yes, and a beautiful house with maids to work it.

As you grow old, you will acquire a most significant role as you will be the heart of your house, and your children will bring their children to you. Your sons' wives will be in awe of you, as Saiyai's husband will be.

May this 54th birthday bring you to the realization that from now on, these will be the best years of your life.

Much love,
Diana

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

ขอบคุณหนูนิค (อาจารย์นิค) อาจารย์บีม และ Jasper หนุ่มน้อย

ขอบคุณน้อง bend

ขอบคุณผู้ไม่ประสงค์ออกนามอีกหนึ่ง

ขอให้ความรู้สึกดีๆ และคำพรเพราะๆ กลับไปเป็นบูมเมอแรงวิเศษนะคะ

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ย้อนหลังครับพี่จุ๋ม

ตี๋

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Hi Mary & Diana, It's good to hear from you on my special day. Thank you for kind words from your kind hearts as ever.

I wish good things to you in return.

Diana, the best part that I like most in your comment is "54 IS YOUNG" I like it!!! Let's careless to the wrikles and the grey hair and the forgetfulness!! Yeh!!!

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

คุณตี๋ ขอบคุณมากค่ะ ไม่ย้อนหลังค่ะ วันนี้เอง จะให้พี่แก่เร็วอีก 1 วันรึ ไม่มีทาง ฮ่าๆ !!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dear Joom!

May Your Day be Wonderfull and rich with all the Love You deserve...=o)

You are a true loving person and I am proud to be your friend.

If I was near You I would give You a BIG!!!! HUG!!! =o)

Love from Sweden.

=o)

Anonymous said...

uh umm...let me get my singing voice ready..

la la la laaaaa


Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Jooooooommmmm
Happy Birthday to you!

(LOL)
Hope you have or had a delightful day. With love and kisses to you.

Michelle & Tommy

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Carina,Michelle, Thanks for your kind wish.I feel the hugs from you.

Anonymous said...

What a very unique bouquet! I love it. You are a wonderful genuine person. Sounds like you day was wonderful..Happy birthday and many more!

Anonymous said...

สุขสันต์วันเกิดนะคะ ขอให้พี่จุ๋มมีความสุขเยอะๆ
สมหวังในทุกๆเรื่องค่ะ ขอให้ได้รับแต่สิ่งดีดี
สุขภาพร่างกายแข็งแรงๆ นะคะ
happy birth day ค่ะ
น้องนัทและศิวกร

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thanks to the anonymouse friend above, my day was so special.One reason was because of your wish. Thank you.

ขอบคุณคุณนัทกับคุณศิวกรนะคะ ขอให้สิ่งดีๆจงบังเกิดต่อคุณทั้งสองในทุกๆวันเช่นกันค่ะ

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mrs. Joom,

Happy Birthday! I have never seen a wrinkle or a gray hair in the pictures! You always look so great!

We send you our love!
Roxana and Family

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

DEar Roxana,

Thank you for your kind words ,both on the blog and on the long distance call you and your family gave me. I'll treasure the miracle moment , and the great frinship in my heart for the rest of my life.