Friday, February 27, 2009

Andrea's testimony for her Xena Isabella

This is Andrea and Xena. Andrea is the sister of our good friend,Roxana . Roxana is located with her nice dearly family in Switzerland but Andrea is living in California with her own family,husband and son...and Xena. Thier parents are living in Costarica,thier hometown. They live in diference parts of the world but thier bond and love hearts and souls are very close to each other.

Today, I would love to present some excerpts of Andrea's story  about her little chihuahua,Xena Isabella. It was miracle!!!


Please take 2 minutes of your time to read it.

On January 3rd I received a blessing that I had been hoping to get for a long time. My parents gave me a beautiful 7 week-old puppy; she weighed less than a pound and was the cutest thing I had ever seen. My family and I fell in love with her immediately. We named her Xena Isabella. She brought us so much joy!

Four days after we brought her home, she started to get sick. We took her to the vet's and the doctor diagnosed her with a viral infection Parvo.!!!

The doctor who diagnosed Xena basically told me that there was no hope of her survival. He did give me the option of leaving her at the hospital, however he said "It is going to cost you thousands of dollars and there still is almost no chance of her surviving this illness". My husband agreed with the doctor and told me there wasn't much to do for her.

I was devastated!! I felt desperate and didn't want my puppy to die! I immediately tried to contact my mom and my sister (they are my support system). My sister was the first to call me, so I told her the news and I could not stop crying. We prayed together because I needed strength and guidance.

I brought Xena home with my husband and son, and I laid with her on my bedroom floor. She was getting worse and worse. She couldn't stand up and began to have seizures. I felt horrible and helpless! I could see the sadness in her eyes.

At this time, my mom finally called me! She was at church and asked if I wanted her pastor to pray for me. I obviously said "YES! PLEASE!". So I was put on speaker and not only the pastor, but all of his care team started to pray for me and Xena. They interceded for my family and puppy; I finally started to feel peace.

After this prayer my father called and noticed something was wrong in my voice. I told him what was going on and he said he would pray for me as well. Five minutes later he called me back again and told me to take Xena to the hospital. He offered to pay for the hospital expenses in order to try to save her life. At first, I wasn't sure what to do, because there wasn't much we can do to save her. However, I prayed by myself and felt peace to take her to the hospital.

realized something very important during my prayer that changed my thoughts. Xena was a great blessing to me and my family and I was not going to let anything or anyone take her away from us. I held on to this Bible verse and declared that no one or nothing will take this puppy away from us.

I took Xena to the hospital that night. I would like to clarify that I took her to a different hospital than the one she was diagnosed at!! The doctor saw her and asked me if I was sure I wanted to spend the money on trying to save Xena's life or if I wanted to buy a new puppy. I had no question in my mind that I wanted to save her. They also told me that Xena would probably have to be hospitalized at least 4 to 5 days.

That night I went home and continued to pray. For the first time in my life I felt complete peace in leaving this challenging situation in the Lord's hands. I knew I could do nothing else but pray and have faith that God was taking care of her.

Well, in order to keep my testimony as short as possible, two days after I hospitalized Xena, I brought her home. She was on antibiotics, an anti-vomit medicine and a nutritional supplement for the next 7 days. The least I can say is that she didn't only live, but she was out of the hospital in half the time that the doctor expected!

Today she is doing great! She is healthy, playful and, as I would say "a very blessed puppy"! I truly hope that you share my joy and that thru my testimony.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely "story".... and the best its true!! =o)

Sometimes it's ment to be...It was a good thing you didn't give up on your little sweatheart.

... and I think that all the support and love and prayes from your loving family is wonderfull!

All the best in the future from Carina in Sweden.

Anonymous said...

What a nice testimony. Congrattulations on Xena's nomal life. Hope she's long live with dearly family./Mary

Anonymous said...

You broght tears into my eyes with the paragragh:

I brought Xena home with my husband and son, and I laid with her on my bedroom floor. She was getting worse and worse. She couldn't stand up and began to have seizures. I felt horrible and helpless! I could see the sadness in her eyes.


So I skipped to the end to see if Xena survived. Then I smiled and turned back to reread it carefully with hppiness.

Thank you for sharing,Andrea and Joom!! God is always with us.

Hugs and kisses to the blessing Xena.Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mrs. Joom,

This is a really nice gift, sharing my sister's testimony. Xena is doing great! She is now 3 1/2 months old!

Love,
Roxana

P.S: Love the Anonymous statement above!

Anonymous said...

The power of prayer is an incredible thing. Believe in the Lord and he shall grant you the peace.

The story was very touching, and brought of course tears to my eyes because I am always emotionally wrapped up with the animals, and see that their are truly wonderful people in this world who would give everything to help save a helpful living breathing creature.

God works in ways we all can't imagine.
I am grateful enough to have my occupation with the Catholic Diocese as Asst. Administrator TO 30 WONDERFUL RETIRED PRIESTS!.

So I know hands on, what the Lord can do.

Blesses and kisses to the puppy.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Bythe way liitle Zena...reminds me so much of our Tommy..
so extra kisses!!

Michelle & Tommy

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh i'm so happy she is ok....she is beautiful. Sometimes vets just don't know anything other than money...so sad. I'm glad you have her...she deserves such a loving person to take care of her. xoxoxoxoxox

Melina in Canada

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Xena,
Very beautiful photo! I am so very happy for you both. It must have been very heart wrenching to have a very ill puppy, but through love, prayer and comfort, you both weathered the storm! I am proud of you both, you both look very happy!
Sometimes words can never express what our heart's feel. But pictures can.
Blessings to you both now & always!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Joom,

Thank you so much for sharing my testimony with the world! I am so blessed to have Xena in my life! She is an awesome little doggie!
I also wanted to thank everyone else who took their time to read my story! I truly hope it touched your lives and understand the great power of prayer! I have a strong and faithful Heavenly Father who is watching our me and taking care of my loved ones (including my pets!).

With much love,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

"Una historia profunda y con un lindo final." M.F. California

Anonymous said...

That is so true! Our Heavenly Father is watching over each one of us and even our pets. He is so kind and loving!
I praise His Holy name for His awesome love.
What an incredible story. It is a great testimony. An example of God's Power. And the power of prayer.
Thank you for sharing this. It gives me new strength and a fresh portion of FAITH. Nothing is impossible for our Lord Jesus.
Thank you.