Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Princess

I have a female puppy,out of Cash and Primrose,names Princess . Princess is beautiful and very lively. She likes to run. Taking photos of her was a difficult task because she wouldn't stop running.

One day, I noticed that Princess running was tilted to the left, and sometimes she bangs into things on her left. When she's tired from running, she would sit down. I noticed that her sitting seems more tired than usual. Her tilted running is actually a very small case. If you don't look carefully, you won't notice. I am very aware of my surroundings, which is why I tend to find things in my dogs and my friend's dogs. Sometimes I would argue with the vets that there's something wrong with the dog, and they would find it. LOL.

Back to Princess...I took Princess to see the vets. When they did an X-Ray, they couldn't see very clearly so they made an appointment for a brain and body scan. They finally found that Princess had a tiny tumor on her left brain, which affected her eyes
and ears. The vets said it can hurt her when she moves quickly. At the time, the vets examined the germs to see if they're deadly, and thanks holy that the result was that it isn't deadly. But it is still bad, and can spread out further if not taken out. The vets in Thailand are good. But the tools they need to take out this tumor, which will have the lowest risk, the closest one is in Singapore.

Ae,a friend of mine,she is a vet, kindly carry my Princess to Singapore yesterday for the surgery. And I'm happy to announce that the surgery went well. Princess hardly have any scar, just a tiny hole. Princess is fine, but tired. The vets want to observe her for a few more days. So, my friend who is a vet, will bring her to stay with my friend's cousin. That is the reason I let my friend bring Princess to Singapore. If I had gone, I would have had to pay for hotel, but my friend has a house of her close relative to stay for as long as she needs and they kindly let Princess stays there, which help save me some money. As Ae is also a vet, so she could observe the recent surgery.

Ae and Princess are staying more few days in Singapore for observation. I am sure Princess will fly back safty soon.

Now I am sick with knowing that the price of the treatment has almost doubled from what we expected, LOL.

Princess when she was a baby.

Princess at 6 months old,before flying to Singapore, for the treatment.

17 comments:

Tina said...

I'm so glad your little Princess is doing better:) It is good to have friends that can help us out from time to time!! She is beautiful and I am sure very sweet...and I know she will be glad to be back home with you so that she can get kisses. You have very good instincts with your animals!!! Thank goodnes:)

Jennifer said...

Joom,this is the best news I've heard in this week. I am very happy Princess is OK now.

I must say again that your heart is made of gold. Princess also deserves to be back home safty and happy.

Give my love and respect to your friend,Ae. She is so caring friend.

Elissa Taylor said...

You are amazing Joom and the way you care for family, friends and pets is an example to all.

BL said...

I can not imagine how difficult it is to perform a brain surgery to a shall dog. The doctor should have leonardo da vinci's skills. I wish Princess may have a quick recovery.

Karen said...

I am happy Princess has
come through the surgery well!
Shopper sends his love to his Sissy:)
May she be well now, and come home soon!Thank you Joom ,for getting her taken care of.
Karen

Ivy said...

Another answered prayer. She is a beautiful girl! You are truly a wonderful person for doing so much for animals and people. I am so happy Princess is doing so good. I can't wait to hear of her progress. These wonderful loving, caring, forgiving animals always cost us so much money but they love us unconditional and I am sure they would do the same for us.

Gayle rescued a Chi Friday and she is staying with me until we find her a home. I am taking her to the vet in the morning to get her spayed, shots, micro chipped and her teeth cleaned. She will feel so much better but it sure doesn't help the fiances..but like you we do what we can..

Have you thought about setting up a place for all the animals you rescue so people could send you donations to help with the expenses..I am sure many would love to help.
Thanks again for the update. Princess looks like her daddy..
Love
Ivy

Carina said...

Hi Joom!

I am so happy that everything went well with your Princess.

It's your beautiful heart that feels when your loved ones is sick or something else is wrong...

What a wonderful friend Ae is...
realy a true friend who helps when you are in need... =o)

Love to you both and kisses to little Princess.

=o)

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thank you for your support. It's good to know that we have someone to share both the sadness and the joy.

Princess was a puppy I bred, raised, and love. So I do not count her as a dog I rescued. What I did for Princess is something I believe anyone here would do if it was to happen to one of your dog.

But I would still like to answer Ivy with her kind advice of setting up a foundation for rescued dogs. It's very nice of you, Ivy, to think of me. I just think that what I'm doing is on a small scale. It's something my family does, what we can.

There are still many others who rescue dogs, as much as my family, or more. I always admire them. Anyhow, thank you for the encouragement. Princess thank you too.

Linda said...

Joom - I really admire how much you love your dogs and how willing you are to go to such great lengths to care for them. So many people don't or won't and this has been so impressive to me. Thank you for sharing Princess's story - I hope she continues to recover and be healthy!!

Marina said...

Hi Joom!
I am out of my house now, but I have found possibility to write it:
I am happy very much that Princess feels well and all her problems remained behind now. Thanks to all vet-doctors and friends that could help this small Princess! Thanks to your loving and sensitive heart, Joom!
My Love to you both!

Michelle said...

Joom...my heart breaks for you and the baby....
You know how I feel about little ones being so ill and so helpless...and they look to us to help them survive.
In my eyes every living breathing creature needs thats chance for survival.... and if we have chance to make difference than do it.
My prayers are for quick recovery!
I just worry on her flying after brain surjury...
is she flying back to you.

I was told with my little one who has hydro...no flying at all!!!

Blessings and keep us updated!
love and hugs
Michelle

Skyler said...

Glad to know she is recovering! She looks so sweet and innocent!

Roxana said...

Please give my love to little Princess. My heart breaks for her. I am so happy to hear that the surgury went so well. I hope she can live her life now without bumping into things and running as much as she can and wants!

Sweet Princess! We love you very much!

Thank you Mrs. Joom.

อ้อแอ้ said...

น้าจุ๋มขา จำ Princess ได้ค่ะ สวย..และน่ารัก ร่าเริงมาก แต่คงเพราะความร่าเริงของเขาทำให้น้าจุ๋มสังเกตเห็นความเปลี่ยนแปลงที่ชัดเจน และรักษาเขาได้ทันเวลา ดีใจที่เขาพ้นขีดอันตรายแล้ว ขอให้สุขภาพแข็งแรงยั่งยืนตลอดไปทั้งน้าจู่ม และ Princedd และทุกๆชีวิตในบ้านสายใยนะคะ

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thank you again, all friends. May I answer Michelle's observation about Princess flying back to Thailand. She will be fine. She will only fly back, only when she's fine with flying. From what I've heard from the vet, it'll be about 10 days from now. She doesn't have hydro. Therefore, flying isn't forbidden. The person to carry her back is also a vet. So, don't have to worry. But thank you for your concern. You've always been very nice,loving and caring.

Anonymous said...

โอววว เด็กน้อย
ขอให้หายแล้วกลับมาบ้านไวๆนะคะ

เป็นกำลังใจให้ค่ะ

bend

ณัฐค่ะ said...

ดีใจด้วยนะค้า น้าจุ๋ม ที่ princess หายดีและกำลังจะกลับมาแล้ว ขอบคุณที่รักน้องหมาทุกๆตัวมากขนาดนี้นะคะ ^^