Friday, August 3, 2012

Unbearable

Am.Ch. Saiyai's "Pudding" the Sweet Heart


I know I promised to write a small tribute to all those contributed to Cash's ROM title. Once again, I face the really that one never knows what will happen tomorrow.

I arrived to my second home, yesterday, a day later than planned. When I arrived, I called for "Pudding." Pudding was pregnant with Cash's babies, and was due to deliver on the 8th of August. She has looked fine, always. Even yesterday, when I called her, she came to me, and ate the snacks I brought for her. We spent a quality hour together, in silent, before Pudding went down with a stroke. My husband, my staff, and I saw this happened together. We were shocked. It seemed like just a matter of seconds, when I picked her up, she had purple tongue, as if she couldn't breathe. Her eyes, looked at me lovingly, as they always do whenever she was with me. But it was filled was despair. At that moment, I felt like my heart would stop. I feel like I could read the message in her eyes, "goodbye Mom." It was sudden. It was inexplicable. I quickly took Pudding to an oxygen tank. We forced her mouth open, so she could receive as much of it as possible, but it was to no use. She was still in stroke, but her eyes never left mine. Her sad, and loving eyes. That was the first unbearable moment.

I called up the vet. My husband drove us. The vet lives 20 minutes away from our 2nd home. I held her close to my chest, and looked deep in her eyes. But only a few minutes after we left, Pudding eyes were shut, and she stopped breathing. Needless to say, I almost lost my mind. My husband drove, and turned to wipe my tears occasionally. When we arrived at the vet, he decided to open up Pudding. We found that her babies lost their lives just moments before we arrived at the vet. Their tongues in their mouth. Oh, how I hate the words, "too late - a little bit too late." These words didn't help at all, except to only hurt me more. This was another unbearable moment.

The bond I have with all my dogs, are all unique from one another. Pudding is another one that is so special to me. She was of my breeding. Her daddy was Cappuccino, who only recently just passed away, and her mother, Yardtip, is one of my pretty girls. Pudding grew up to be very sweet. She was the most outstanding one of her litter. She became the 2nd dog of my breeding to become an American Champion. She was shown by Stacia Ohira in Hawaii. There, Pudding and Stacia built a special, which made me very happy. I even planned that, once Pudding retires, I would send her back to Stacia. We've always discussed this.

I have been sick for a while. I had hope that I would recover just fine, just as "Malee" did. The constant diagnosis showed that I've improved. We made plans that if anything should happen, which one of my dogs would go to whom, to ensure that they have the same living standards. I spoke to Stacia about this, and we decided that Pudding would go live with Stacia, even before she retires, just in case anything happens in this unstable life. During this time, Stacia visited me twice. In her first visit, Pudding couldn't go, because she was still awaiting her rabies blood test result. During Stacia's 2nd visit, the test result was already a "pass." However, I didn't let Pudding go, because she was on season. I decided to breed her with Cash. That has always been Stacia and my hope. I didn't even tell Stacia, because I wanted to surprise her. I planned to keep two, and let 2 go to Hawaii with Pudding. It was a plan that went totally wrong. I should have let Pudding go with Stacia, when she last visited. 

As I mentioned, Pudding was special. She had a special bond with me. Except for Malee, Pudding is my most talked to dog. I talk to them about my sickness all the time. I told them, "everyone will be okay. Whatever happens, Malee will go to Erika Lanasa, and Pudding will go to live in Hawaii with Stacia Ohira, where they will be no less happy than you are at Saiyai Doghome." Silly girl, Pudding didn't understand me well. She just knew mom was sick, and so she decided to go wait for mom in heaven. She decided to take all her puppies with her. Silly girl didn't know it was too soon. Mom can't take it. It was too soon. IT WAS NOT THE RIGHT TIME. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG WAY. This is the big unbearable point.

Last night, I barely got any sleep. Yesterday was an important religious day in Buddhism. I can only hope that when Pudding and her babies passed away, her babies and she, who had innocent souls, will go to top echelon of heaven, be in the presence of the Lord Buddha, and enter Nirvana, with the help of our prayers and our collective good karma. I miss them so much, but I do not want them to go wait for me in heaven. I want them to enter Nirvana and never be born and suffer again.

This morning, my husband and I went to offer alms, as always. I pray that all my merit, plus the ones I earn today, will help take Pudding and her babies' souls to where I already mentioned. Afterwards, we went to the market, and I cried while I was buying groceries. My husband, held my hand the whole way. Whenever I cried, we'd stop walking, and he would wipe my tears. People looked at us curiously, but no one said anything. One merchant kindly enough offered me a paper towel to wipe my tears.

I do not know how to end this post, except to say it was unbearable.

21 comments:

Melina said...

I don't know the right words to say, this breaks my heart. I have been through a simular situation years ago, and it burns inside with sadness. Please accept a huge hug from our family Joom and family, what a tragic loss. XOX

Margeta said...

Joom, this is too sad. I don't know what to say to comfort you. This is too big tragedy. Please take care of yourself as well. I don't think Pudding wants you to ignore your own health. She loves you and wants you to be ok. I'm quite speechless but I feel for you all the way my dear dear friend.

Jennifer said...

Joom, I am so sad. Oh! Pudding, dear sweet Pudding.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Joom. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loves and my heart breaks for you. Know you have love coming toward you from all over the world..... ♥

Karen

Anonymous said...

so so sorry. i dont know what to say. i always think the worst when something happens and wonder could i do anything to help. i ended up taking a pet cpr and first aid class this past week and i feel bit more impowered that i could give artifical respiration or cpr to keep them going while en route to the vet. prior to that i had no clue what i could do. i dont know if this would have helped the babies or not. i hope your pain eases with the wonderful memories. hugs.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

From Amy :: I just don't know what I can say to help to ease your pain, other than I'm so sorry and wish that there was something I could do. I can tell that you treat your dogs as if they are your own children, as I do mine; the loss of one hurts unbearably beyond words. I feel your pain and sorrow. May peace be with you and your family during this difficult time. Thinking of you.

Danielle said...

Danielle Messinger Zicka : OMG Joom I am soo sorry. My heart breaks as well for your loss of those precious precious fur children. I don't know what to say. I am stunned. I can only compare how much i love my boy, and can imagine the pain of such a great loss. I know you hold every one of those precious chis so dearly in your heart. I love that I am able, from afar, to be a part of your world.

Sherie Salas CasaSal Chihuahus said...

Oh my sweet, dear Joom! Words can't express my deep sorry for the loss of your beloved Puddin! Please know Dan, myself and all at CasaSal will keep you in our hearts and prayers! If there is anything we can do, please let us know! Hugs to you!

Michelle Brislin said...

oh my word...... I'm so so sorry! I KNOW the history with Pudding an know your heart and lots of others are torn to pieces! I will send much love...The loss of a loved one is very difficult. I would have done the same in your situation...sometimes as uneasy as it is....they have a bigger job to do somewhere else. LOVE AND PEACE XOXOX
Michelle

Kathy Golden said...

Even in your pain, you write so beautifully about your dogs. One can see how special they all are to you. So sorry about your loss.

Annelizabeth said...

So Sorry for your loss , sad. I cried. It is unbearable! My prayers sent and they will always be loved and honored ♥

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thank you everybody. At least I'm lucky enough to have you guys around. All of this is not to say Pudding and her babies could not have died. I know, as everyone does, that all lives end eventually. I myself prepare for it every minute. But the passing away of Pudding and her babies were not normal. I know they were in pain. As I said, it was not the right time, and it was absolutely the wrong way.

Carla Soto said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read the story of Pudding's life, and untimely journey home. How do you bear the heart wrenching pain? Joom, my heart joins your heart in mourning your dear, sweet Pudding and her pups.

Anonymous said...

Cindy Higgins : What a sad story, I'm so sorry the joyful event of bringing puppies into this world ended this way. Please take care of yourself so you can continue to heal.

Loke Y. 🐶❤✨ said...

My deepest condolences Joom for you as my words cannot express the hurt and sadness in feeling for you..❤❤❤❤❤. May Pudding and her babies bo to Nirvana...

Unknown said...

I am at a lost for words as Pudding is my baby she took over our hearts and our lives forever... She came into my life the moment I met her in Nonthaburi and she will always remain with me. She was the beginning that bridged the gap between many miles and made it same we were so near... She put a huge difference in the show world in Hawaii and started the winning streak of dogs from your kennel. She finished her championship so quickly then enjoyed living her life here with me. I remembered when it was time for her to leave I was so sad and I missed her dearly but knew I would see her again and then I was blessed to see her again in Nonthaburi where I held her and kissed her. Rest in love my Pupu baby as I onced called out to her be brave and lead the path for your precious babies. Your travels to all the different islands here in Hawaii has given you the mana (knowledge) and strengthened your spirit to make your journey I love you and I thank you for the opportunity to share your life with me. My heart aches but my spirit is stronger because you built my spirit to be brave and strong like yours...

Anonymous said...

Polona Škegro : Dear Joom... words are not enough and it's so hard to find the right ones... I'm deeply sorry for your loss... I feel with you - my heart is crying ... life is testing us all the time, so dear friend : wish you to stay strong and sending you hugs and love ♥♥♥

Susie said...

Dear Joom, this is all so very, very sad. Sending healing prayers your way and you remain with my deepest sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joom
I am speechless and so sorry for your loss. The loss of Pudding and her babies was terrible and the way it happened was so terrible that I can't find the right words at the moment. My thoughts and prayers are with you , around you, supporting you. I have been thinking of you during these last days so much. At least you have your loving husband at your side.
love Marja

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thank you....

Carina said...

Dear Joom...
I wrote a post here a few days ago... I must have done something wrong because it's not here... But I know you feel that my heart are with you allways...
<3