Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From Erika and Linda to Malee and Me

After Malee finished her American Championship by becoming the number 9 long coat chihuahua of the year 2009 in America, on limited showing, from 26th July to 5th December, Erika and I agreed to campaign her in 2010. I have high hopes for her, and is confident in the partnership between Erika and Malee. But at the same time, I'm also a little bit sad that I may not see Malee for one more year. Malee left Thailand when she was just 7 months old. She's now a beautiful young girl, and I want to look at her in every minute. Erika knows this!. She knows that I miss Malee and wants to see Malee. So she asked Linda McGuffey, our good friend, to take photos of Malee, for me, while Malee was relaxing at Erika's place during her break from showing. Linda, the kind friend, who has helped Erika look after Malee, drove two hours, from home, to take these beautiful pictures of Malee before she drove back, for another two hours, through the thick and cold snow.


Linda and Erika worked on these photos exhaustingly, while my family and I were on holidays at Koh Samui. We were enjoying the sand, sun, and sea, and were laughing out loud. This made me feel a bit guilty. Just a bit, LOL. But I'm very thankful. Linda and Erika, you remind me of the meaning of, "that's what friends are for."

Please enjoy Malee's pictures.


















15 comments:

Kandra said...

just beautiful. I can see why she finished as number 9 and that you want to campaign her. She will make you very proud. And for Linda to drive 2 hours to take such wonderful pictures for you. How special of friends Erika and Linda are.

Mary said...

This story gives me 2 feelings. One is immpressived by the beautiful pictures of liitle florist "Malee" , one is the heart touching of Linda and Erika for trying to make you happy. Yes, that's what friends are for. Don't be guilty that you had a great time with your family while they worked to these photos for you. I am sure Linda and Erika would be happy to know you had a good time. And actually, working for beautiful photos of the beautiful dog like Malee was fun , wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Joom - she's such a delight, I love taking her picture. It's almost 2hrs, but I have so much fun while there, it doesn't matter. You're more than welcome for the pictures, I can't imagine how much you must miss her!! You will hardly recognize the young lady she is now :) I hope the pictures helped you see how happy she is and how much she's grown up!
hugs
Linda

Melina said...

She's just beautiful!!! I can see why you would want to stare at her all the time. I love the pictures Linda and Erika. :)

Marina said...

O yes, really, Malee divinely beautiful little girl is!
Joom, I am proud of you as Great Breeder of Chihuahua and I wish you more successes in the future!

Unknown said...

it always amazes me how dogs can show in the ring and then come home and be pets in the house I love that about Chihuahuas

Jessica said...

What a beautiful long coat chihuahua. I would do the same as campaign her. Linda sounds like a sweet lady to take such wonderful picture.

Anonymous said...

Joom,
You should be
very proud of Malee.
Lovely photos, of a Lovely girl:) Linda is a great friend.
I wish you, Erika,
and Malee the best for 2010!!!!
Karen

Roxana said...

Beautiful pictures! What wonderful friends Erika and Linda are!
Maker looks wonderful! She is my favorite girl!

Happy New Year to you all!

Love,
Roxana

Roxana said...

Oops! I meant Malee! Sorry.

Charles said...

Ahhh...that's the group of awesome friends. You are so devoted! Joom, you devote to your dogs even in your difficult time. Erika and Linda are so special friends to think of how you would miss your Malee and they tried to do the sweet best for you.

You are lucky to have Malee as she is so special. You are lucky enoug to have Erika and Linda as good good friends. AND how lucky they are to have you as friend , as the breeder/owner.

Erika, please give my hugs to Malee.

Jennifer said...

Malee is beautiful and looks happy with her relaxing time. Your friendship is wonderful. I adore the story very much. Thanks Joom for sharing , making my day.

Margeta said...

All of you and Malee are awesome! Love you and wish the vey best foryou in the show ring in America in the year 2010.

No 9 is great but not enogh!

Anonymous said...

I had the privilege of being in the ring with Malee a few times, she is gorgeous.
Sue

sugarhills said...

Oh, Erika is such a great handler, we are sure she will take Malee even "higher" than a nr9, but even a nr 9 is not bad for such a limited show! We are so Impressed Joom, that you "set Erika and malee free", to see what they can do 2010! We know first hand how sad sometimes it is to miss a favorite, that is away showing! Feeling your sadness for this as well as the proudness and happiness for her continues show!!!
"GO ERIKA, GO MALEE!!!"
Ps. great pics of malee! Ds

Hugs Ellika and Peter