Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Goldie" the "ex" ugly duckling

We call her "Goldie." Goldie lives with my brother, Tom. She was sired by Dk.Th.Ch. Alveena Misty Meadow's Masa FCI. The mother is our gorgeous "White Malila." When Goldie was very young, her nose was not all black as it should, instead having pink spots on it. Her four littermates were reserved and bought in very short amount of time. Only she was left. Being a female, she should have been sold quite easily but her nose prevented anyone from pursuing their interests in her. At the time, I was a little bit upset. I know that she is from a great bloodline, and I know that she will turn out alright. The pink spot only needed time, for when she's mature and has received enough sunlight, for it to be alright. But I didn't encourage anyone to buy her .

My brother was even happier to have her live with him. He loves Goldie very much.

Now Goldie is about two and a half months old. The pink spots on her nose have disappeared. Her structure is great, as per usual of the Misty Meadow's line. And her movement...ahhhhh.... it is one to die for. This blog post is just to share her, not to promote her. My brother will never let her go, LOL.

















9 comments:

cia said...

i never think she is ugly from the start, all your dogs are beautiful,and this one is unique she is lovely too.

Jennifer said...

Oh! my...she is absolutely adorable. I wouldn't believe she used to be an ugly duckling , just because the pinky spotted nose in the very young age!! That 's acceptable!! Someone who didn't know her value, does not deserve to have her.

Oh my! Look at her! She is awesome!!

Will your brother allow her to be shown?

Charles said...

She is too die for ,Joom , if you will let me die...and get her :-)

Charles said...

What you talked about her movement makes me really want to see her in the ring. Oh! she is sooooo gorgeous, Joom.

Melina said...

Beautiful colour,,,,she was always cute!

Roxana said...

She is so cute and is florishing into a beautiful flower!

She is precious!

Kandra said...

she was never an ugly duckling Joom, she is beautiful. if she was an ugly duckling she sure is turning into a beautiful swan. Your brother is a very lucky man to have such a beautiful girl

Carina said...

Hi!

Oh! Goldie is such a little sweet-heart!!
I can understand that your brother never will let her go...

=o)

Rick said...

Well, sometime you have to wait for good things, Joom. She has great pigment now.