Saturday, February 20, 2010

Making merits

We went to two temples. It is something my family usually do anyway, but today was emotionally special, and we felt good indeed.


We offered clothings for the monks and other equipments



A piggy bank given to people on their birthday so they can save up the money for other occasions


We went to pray and pay homage to a very important and old Buddha figure.


A very holy Buddha figure, from which we prayed for victory.


That's all for my birthday activities. So simple, but so happy.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

PERFECT BIRTHDAY!!!

Carina said...

So nice...
Thanks for sharing the photos.

=o)

Toni said...

Its good to feed the spiritual being inside of us and I can understand how it would have been and emmotional experience for you all..

For me rituals and traditons give me a sense of being closer to a higher order, no matter which religion or belief we are part of .

No wonder visiting these sacred places made you feel good .

The temples must be very beautiful , the 1st Budda figure looks incredible and very large. I love the piggy bank idea ,

may good fortune reign upon you and your family Joom.