Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We will have Thai Elephant Park. No more wandering elephants. YEAH!

Last Sunday was a a day I enjoyed a small piece of news, which was presented insignificantly. It was reported that the Thai government in on process of building an elephant park to gather together all the elephants in the country, which each day, is less and less. Some of them were brought to wander the city to earn money for some people.

Thai elephants, which have a long history with Thailand, and is the animal representative of teh country, are starving and abused in various ways. It's so sad. Of course there are some organizations trying to look after these poor elephants, but they're still not thorough. So we still see elephants wandering in Bangkok and other major cities. The elephants walk on boiling concrete roads. Many times I look into their eyes to find that they're crying. They walk along with some guys, who'll be carrying fruits. They won't feed the elephants though. The purpose is to have people buy the fruits to feed the elephants. Whenever we see such sight, my family and I are very sad. We're torned between feeding the elephant and not buying, to prevent supporting such a business. When we're torned in such way, it always ends up with sadness in our hearts.

Elephants which are taken to wander the cities, are younger by the day. Sometimes we see baby elephants walking along it's mother. In fact, in my country, there's a law against doing such a business. But I never see the law being enforced. I've always seen the law being ignored. Many times I called up relevant organizations or the police, they would ignore me or even laugh at me. Can you imagine how sad this is?

If elephants were small animals, and the cost is low, I would probably buy every elephants I see. The same way I've collected many street dogs. LOL. But since I can't do this, my heart's full of sadness with this issue.

The news that the government is setting up this park is the best news this year. Hopefully this program will go on, and doesn't collapse. In the news, many celebs are supporting this program. It may be the support needed for this program to go through.

My family and I are very happy with this good news. Since we were all together last Sunday, we all took photos together to celebrate this great news. Although there may not be any elephants in our pictures, just our dogs, which have never let us be lonely or sad.


We are happy, and our dogs are happy about the news of the park.


My three kids with Gigi, the cavalier female.


Finally, I said I wanted a single photo, but Gigi didn't allow me.

Then...Typhoon agreed not to leave me alone.

I don't care if the world will explode tomorrow. Every life will meet the same fate. But as long as we have to live together, please be kind to other lives. Even though those lives are just animals. Hope all of you agree.

5 comments:

Koranis said...

very nice picture ka!
how nice you are!

with my best regards,
Korn

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

คุณกรคะ ที่จริงอยากให้คอมเมนท์เรื่องอุทยานช้าง และช่วยส่งต่อ เผื่อจะเป็นแรงกระตุ้นต่อรัฐบาลไม่ให้เรื่องเงียบหาย

รูป...เป็นเพียงส่วนประกอบ

แต่ก็ขอบคุณนะคะที่ชม...ยังไงก็ชอบ

Toy Wonder said...

i strongly agree with you my friend. you and your family are angels sent from heaven. you all have a golden heart.

keep up the good works!

=)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for passing on this good news to me na ka P'Yao.. It's great that finally the issue of elephants wandering around the town will no longer be overlooked :D

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Thank you Jasper and Apple,

I am ALSO very very happy to hear that the suffering baby elephants
will be taken off the streets: elephants are herd animals and need
to live together with other elephants and they are only happy in the forest.

Hope the project will remain.