Thursday, July 31, 2008

The two nutty friends

I have a new friend name Athena Capella, from the Philippines. She kindly dropped by my guest book and we have kept in touch since then. We only talk of one subject: CHIHUAHUAS. She said she can hardly talk about anything else, and as for me, I got a thousand other topics to talk about but none as enjoyable as dogs.

Athena said that her neighbors think she has a problem (they think she's nuts.) Many a time, during a conversation, she would just start talking about her chihuahuas. She told me she can't control herself. She doesn't seem to have a problem with this fact though. Why should she worry? She has over 20 understanding chihuahuas!!!!

I thought about what Athena told me and thought, "Oh! Am I nuts as well?" I can't stop thinking of my dogs for more than an hour, just as Michelle Brislin from the US. Many times, during a conversation with people from other industries, such as the telecommunity, in which, as an editor, I am a part of, I would start talking about my dogs! Oh! I pity the people of the telecommunity because they might be thinking that they have a "nuts" editor on their hands!!!

This behaviour, may be due to genetics, in my family. My middle-child, studying film-studies for his university degree, he can't stop talking about films. He always mention films during a conversation. But our family never thinks he's nuts. We enjoy listening to him. LOL.

Athena also sent two pictures of her chihuahuas for me to see. She is Homlyn, her 6 year old retired Phil. Champ, her one and only who gave her pride and joy in the ring. All the others are untitled, but they are all special to her in their own way. Athena started with 4 Chis, and Homlym is one of her originals. She has given Athena 2 pups only, a male named Angel who is 5 yrs old now and a female named Fawna, 2 yrs old. She always likes attention. . . and sometimes when Athena talk to her, she tries her best to talk back. She's funny. . . .

That's the way Athena talk about her chihuahuas, and today my blog is the story of the two nutty friends. LOL.


No comments: