Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Hong" and "Janjao"

This is Hong and JanJao. Hong(means "swan") is a smooth-coat black- tan female chihuahua. She is very small but not that much beautiful - that is the reason she got to be with me 4 years ago. Hong is tiny but prickle. She likes to threaten and teaches others in the way that " even though I'm small but I'm older" I never considered selling Hong or given her away. And before this, I never thought to breed her. It sounds like Hong doesn't give anything to me but listen to what I've gotten from her.. Hong loves and adores me. She sat and looked at me all the way when we were in a car traveling from one province to another. She doesn't have any puppies but she likes to help other dogs taking care of their puppies. When she gets kicked away from "real" moms, she would be upset, sitting alone.

Until one day, a year ago, Hong was reaching the end of her fertile age, I thought she should have a puppy to accompany her when she gets older. I decided to breed Hong with Donut, my small-beautiful-head Ch. stud. When Hong was pregnant, she looked so funny. Since she was so tiny, her tummy almost touched the ground and her back was bent. She gave birth to 2 puppies - one male and one female. They both were very healthy !! The boy was sold to one of my old customers, who liked Hong a lot. ( Even though Hong is so small and not that beautiful but she has many fan club) The female one, which was fawn on white color, was kept as Hong's accompany. She was called Janjao, which means full moon.

Janjao is small like her mother and father. She was very close to her mom since she was young until she grew up. So Hong gets to take care of a " cub" the way she wanted it. Janjao has 3 heat seasons already but still a "mommy's girl" Hong is a good mother. She licks and clean her daughter everyday just as Janjao is still a baby. Janjao is not a big fan of humans because she is busy following her mom. Hong, who loves me so much, also deeply loves her daughter. So when I'm home, she always has a hard time running between me and her daughter ( Janjao). At night, Hong and Janjao sleep in a small cushion in front of my bed ignoring other people. Sleeping time seems to be the time that Hong is most happy because she gets to hug her kid and spend time with me. Even I hug or play with other dogs, Hong doesn't mind.




Normally, I don't sell or find a house for retired bitches. ( I do occasionally but very rarely with a reasonable reason that the new owner must love and is a person I know and trust) Moreover I like to keep 1-2 daughters to accompany those bitches. This is one reason that I have many dogs. However, I don't judge people who sell or look for a new house for retired bitches because everyone has a different lifestyle and environment. Just only they find a good home for those dogs in the end of their lives is good enough. But if anyone has enough space, opportunity or environment - try to keep a daughter to be a mom's accompany. You will wake up and see a beautiful picture that melts you everyday. These mothers and daughters will make your every good mornings. Try it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful story!!

Roxana

Anonymous said...

Hello Yapayao!
(or is it Joom?..I often see both names when I read your diary)

I do love this story!!
It really shows your big heart!!

A big hug to you from me! =o)

/Carina in Sweden

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Hi Roxana and Carina, I'm glad you like the story of Hong and Janjao. Yes' they inspire me and I would love to share.

"Yupayao" is my first name. "Joom" is my nick name. You'd better call me by the nick name, it's shorter and easier.

Anonymous said...

สวัสดีค่ะ พี่จุ๋ม
ได้อ่านเรื่องน้องหงษ์ กับน้องจันทร์เจ้าแล้วอดที่จะคอมเม้นไม่ได้ ตามที่พี่จุ๋มเล่า นึกภาพตามเลยค่ะ เหมือนกับกาสะลองกับน้องแชมเปญ แม่ลูกรักกันมาก ดูแล้วรู้สึกอบอุ่นดี น้องหงษ์กับจันทร์เจ้าน่ารักดีนะคะ (แฮ่ๆ ขอโทษด้วยค่ะ อยากจะพิมพ์เป็นภาษาอังกฤษ แต่เขียนไม่เก่งเอาซะเลย)
น้องนัท..

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

น้องนัท พี่ดีใจมากที่ได้อ่าน comment จากน้องนัท ดีใจมากทุกครั้งที่มีคนไทยเขียนเข้ามา เขียนเป็นภาษาไทยเนี่ยดีแล้ว อย่างที่เล่าให้ฟังว่าที่เขียนเป็นอังกฤษเพราะจะได้เขียนทีเดียว ถ้าเขียนเป็น 2 ภาษามันจะยาวมาก

น้องนัทสมัคร user name ใน google ซีคะ เวลาเขียนจะได้สะดวกขึ้น

พี่ดีใจที่รู้ว่ากาสะลองกับแชมเปญอยู่ที่นั่นอย่างมีความสุข เขาทั้งสองโชคดีที่ได้อยู่กับครอบครัวน้องนัทและคุณศิวกร

เห็นมั้ยคะ บางทีเหมือนเขาไม่ได้ให้อะไรเราเลย แต่สิ่งที่เขาให้คือความสุขใจ แต่นั่งมองเขารักกัน เราก็มีความสุขแล้วเนาะ และเขายังรักเราเหลือเกินอีกด้วย กำไรหลายต่อ!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I can see what you mean...just looking at the mother and daughter together, their faces...show complete serenity.

Keeping a daughter as an old-age companion for the mother is a wonderful idea. It's true that the mother grooms her "child" no matter how old it is!

Joom, I think that somewhere under your clothes, you are hiding wings.

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Diana, I don't think any wings can make me fly above. I'm too big!! and a pair of big wings may be too expensive,LOL