Monday, May 4, 2009

Brooke's puppies ,5 hours after birth

Brooke delivered at the dawn of today. She gave 6 healthy puppies (hopefully beautiful.) One male, 5 females. The sire is my Baron.


Brooke loves and is very close to Kawee, my youngest son. Kawee has only just returned from Canada. Of course, she couldn't sleep on Kawee's chest like usual, limited to just wandering near him. Brooke only had a few moment with Kawee before she had to be prepared to deliver. Anyway,Kawee and I were with her during her giving birth.

Unbelievable that Brooke, a pretty sizeable bitch, had to deliver with c-section, twice. Luckily that her puppies all survived and are all healthy. Although Brooke is a very good mother, I decided to sperate two of the puppies to a cavalier bitch, who only just gave birth before Brooke.
Pictures of the puppies was taken 5 hours after birth. !!

Brooke's picture taken yesterday,1 day before giving birth.


11 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi Joom...congratulations. I am glad you had some good luck getting 5 girls! Wow what a bonanza. I am so excited...

It always amazes me when big bitches need sections but we must remember it is the pelvic size not the total size of the bitch that determines it. I had Gobble and she is a 6 pound girl or larger..and she was a section but because she had huge puppies...

Marina said...

Hello Joom!
My sincere congratulations for you and for Brooke!!!
5 tiny girls in one litter are "fantastic" litter!
I am glad to this event very much and I will be very happy if one of these girls goes to live in my home!
My congratulations again!
Marina

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Marina, don't worry, you are on my waiting list for Brooke's puppy. I always keep my promise. And it's my pleasure to do so to you.

Gayle, I say this to you too.

Natalia said...

Hello, Dear Joom!
Wow, such good luck getting 5 girls!
My congratulations for you and for Brooke…
and Marina too !!!
Natalia

Michelle said...

hahahahahah...dear God....what a bundle of happiness. I KNOW YOU are smiling from ear to ear

Congrats JOOM.XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Michelle

Karen said...

Congratulations, Joom!!
Lots of girls!!Kisses to my Brooke!
Brooke was too full of puppies. the uterus cannot push , as there is no room ,when there are that many.Size of the bitch, also has nothing to do with being able to free whelp.
I have 2 bigger girls here ,that are the same.Their mothers were free whelpers, but they are not.

I hope they all survive, and are very nice:) I am also happy for Brooke to have her Kawee, there for her:)Keep me updated on how they are doing.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pups! How lucky you are to have 5 girls! They are nice color too. Glad Brooke and pups are fine. Happy Kawee was able to be there for her. Good luck with them.

Charles said...

6 cute puppies from the awesome parents.!!! Please keep us post when they grow healthy.

Rick Morgan said...

Joom,

Congrats on such a nice litter. Glad to hear that Brooke and the puppies are doing fine. I cant wait to see photos of them in the future. Good luck with that huge chihuahua litter ;)

sugarhills said...

WOW!!! What a SUPER Litter!!!
Cant wait to see them when they grow up! So beautiful already!!! Many congrat´s to you and to MOM Brook!!
Love//
Ellika and Peter

Toy Wonder said...

Congratulations! I'm sure they are all impressive. Keep us updated...

Jasper