Thursday, May 28, 2009

My sister and my kids

Today's blog is to inform some of you who knows about my sister, and kindly asked me about her so many times.

Because I was sick and coughing for so long, the doctor said I will be coughing for a hundred days. LOL. I was not able to visit my sister for a long time. The coughing is not so bad, I can still work. But because it's something chemo-therapy patients are sensative to, I couldn't visit my sister. I miss her so much.

After the first phase of chemo and a surgery, the doctor ordered 4 more chemo sessions. Three sessions have passed, she still looks beautiful and lovely like normal people. Thanks you all for praying for her. I think that through her study of Dhamma, she has a positive outlook and her kind heart, helped her.

Two days ago, my kids visited her. They picked up her son and her for lunch. They enjoyed the food and talking, and took a picture together. My sister, who has a positive and gentle outlook, loves my kids and have taught this outlook to my kids.

Saiyai will be traveling back to study summer course at NYC tomorrow, but Sa and Kawee will still here. They will visit their aunt often. I hope my coughing will go away soon so I can go visit my sister.

From Left: Sa (My middle child) My sister, Meik (my sister's only child), Kawee, and Saiyai. They went to eat BBQ lunch. This picture was taken at the restaurant. Meik lived in America since childhood. He has only moved back to Thailand recently to look after his mother. He's teaching at an international school.

11 comments:

Melina said...

What a beautiful family xo I hope you feel better soon too...i'm sure she can't wait to see you too.

Ivy said...

Joom,I hope you can get over your cough . It would be great if you could spend time with your sis. We will continue to pray for her.She looks so strong and healthy. You have a beautiful family.

Karen said...

What a great day for your family.Sorry you could not go also.
You have a a very brave sister Joom!
Good luck, and Bon Voyage to Saiyai :)
and You get well!!
Karen

Jennifer said...

Lovely family and picture. How nice to see the bonding of your family together. I think it's because you and your sister are very good example.

Your sister is so brave, so strong. I wish a happy episode for her. You said she has a positive and gentle outlook,that should help her alot.

I am keeping your family in my prayers.Hope she recoverd soon. And you get well soon too.

Marina said...

I am glad to your good news, Joom!
Your family became big and happy again!
It is great pleasure for all your friends!
I am sure, very soon you can have your personal meeting with sister.
And it will be HUGE JOY and HUGE LOVE!

Roxana said...

It is great to see your family spending great moments together. Family time is so important.
Thank you for sharing this special moment. Your sister is looking great. We will hold her in our prayers!

Love,
Roxana and Family

Michelle said...

Joom:

Thrilled to hear the news of your sister!!! Thats fantastic...

Very nice family photo...everyone looks sooooooo happy...and so young!!! (LOL)

Continue prayrs for her and safe trip for Saiyai back to the states..

HOPEFULLY.... soon will get out to the city (New York) in June or July....Saiyai will ahve to make plans for lunch... Do you have Ong with you?? or Skyler still have??

Love
Michelle

Saiyai said...

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for asking about me (and Ong). I'm going back home tomorrow. I was actually packing when my mom told me you wrote about me. Then I stopped everything to write back to you ;)

ThanOng is still at my apartment. This time, Ong didn't go to Chicago, it's skyler, who came to New York to babysit him :)

When are you coming to the city? we should have lunch! I'd love to see you and Brina again :)

Carina said...

Hi!!

So nice to see this wonderful family picture...
and I hope you'l get better soon Joom so you can hug your sister.
=o)

Send my best wishes to her from Sweden.

Big hugs and a lot of LOVE!

=o)

Anonymous said...

ขอให้หายไวๆนะคะ ป้าจุ๋ม
ช่วงนี้ อากาศเปลี่ยนแปลงบ่อย
อาจต้องดูแลสุขภาพมากขึ้น

ขอให้คุณพระคุ้มครอง ให้น้องสาวป้าจุ๋ม แข็งแรงขึ้น ทุกวัน ทุกวันนะคะ

Get well soon .....


bend

Rick Morgan said...

Joom,

Sorry to hear that you can not see your sister. It must be very hard for you not to be there by her side in her time of need. I hope you get over this cough very soon. At least she has your children and her son looking after her. Im glad to hear that she is nearly done with the chemo as that can be very hard on ones body, however she looks very good. Will keep you and your sister in my prayers. Good luck!!