Monday, September 1, 2008

Saiyai in NYC

Hello everyone! It's me, Saiyai and this is the first time I'm writing in the blog.

It has been 2 weeks already since I left home in Bangkok to start my school life in New York. It's not the first time I've left my house to live aboard, but this time is different. I miss my family so much - much much more than when I lived in China. May be it's because China and Thailand are closer and the time zone difference is only one hour so I could call my parents anytime I wanted. But right now, when I live in NYC, I can't do that anymore. However, my dad and my mom manage to call me everyday I'm happy every time they call, especially when they call me in the early morning (Thai time) so I can hear the dogs barking in their room and feel the home atmosphere once again. I can imagine their room full of dogs playing around . That's just the beautiful image I miss the most in my house.

Fortunately, NYC is the most dog friendly place. There are so many things that people notice about New York their first time. For me, it has been dogs. I live on the upper east side of Manhattan. It's a very nice neighborhood and everyone seems to have a dog!! Dogs are just everywhere. They're in restaurants, grocery stores, bookstores, literally EVERYWHERE! I miss my dogs so much. I was thinking I might ask my mom to send Than-Ong to keep me company since I'm so lonely here. I originally planned to take him here when I go back home during Christmas but seeing people with dogs everyday just make me jealous and want to walk on the street with my own dog!

Also, lucky for me. I go to NYU. There is no specific campus area. NYU is just all over Manhattan so I get to explore the town while I take care of school business. I am studying for a Master of Science in Public Relations and Corporate Communications so my buildings are in the financial district, Wall street area, but I have to go see my advisor and talk to the registrar in East Village. So going to school for me is like an NYC tour. I'm pretty excited to go to class on this coming Tuesday. I hope my classmates are nice!

Here are some pictures I took :


It's me in front of one of the NYU buildings in East Village


As you can see, there is no fence or anything for a school campus, just a flag to say "NYU is here"

I barely cooked when I lived in Thailand but food here are just so expensive that I've to learn to cook. My cooking is pretty good though ;P

7 comments:

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Saiyai,Mom and Dad put hugs and kisses for you here,always.

Anonymous said...

saiyai... you cooked !?!?!?

Anonymous said...

she showing lots of smiles....
that ha to put moms heart and brain to rest (lol)

Anonymous said...

Hello Saiyai...I am glad you are going to school in NY, I love that city! I know NYC very well. I gave lectures at Fordham University years ago, and stayed in the City. You must go to see the Museum of Natural History, it is awesome!
I am sorry you are missing your dogs.....!
Regards,
Diana
www.dresdenchihuahuas.com

What I've learned said...

Dear All,

Thank you for your comments and all the good wishes.

Dear Diana, thanks for the suggestion on Museum. I haven't made any trips to any museum yet but I'll do so soon since I heard that there're many interesting museum in NYC. I'll write a blog again once I go :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Saiyai!! Happy to know that you are doing well .. =) I hope you'll meet more great and good friends!!
Always keep us posted, we love you see your pictures!! Take care =)

Hugs and love,
Lala =)

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Lala,it's great to know that you care about Saiyai.

Today Saiyai made a call to her dad saying she's been homesick!!!So,we miss her so much.

Pee Joom