Thursday, January 1, 2009

Have I told you lately that I love you?

After I wrote the New Year message, I went on the New Year vacation with my family. We went to Chiang Mai, a famous province in northern Thailand, about 600km from Bangkok. We changed our travel methods, from the more rapid flying to driving the six of us. There were my husband, my three kids (Saiyai, Sa, and Kawee) and Ton (my husband's eldest son) and me. We watched the sideway views along the way and talked aboute everything from the music we listened in the car to global politics. Oh, and brought Pudding with us as well. Of course, the hotel didn't allow pets, but I am expert in smuggling in pets. Pudding was well trained that she doesn't cause any trouble, so we were able to get away with it.

While my husband was a senator and chairman of the Senate's Budget Committee, our family had various abroad trips. Each time, I missed my dog. As many of us dog-lovers know, the term vacation hardly exists. So when husband was no longer a senator, I've hardly travelled anywhere for two years. But this time, my kids, Saiyai and Kawee coming back from abroad, along with the current economic environment, we decided to trave domestic instead. It turned out to be a great idea.

We met up with some old friends and enjoyed catching up. My husband went golfing with his friends. Most of the time, we spent the day together. We went to the important places in Chiang Mai, and had many fun moments. Therefore this time, I have many pictures to post. Probably more pictures than ever, so I put them in slide-show format. The pictures aren't very neat becasue we took them ourselves, casually. But I want to remember it, and share this good time.

The thing I want to say here is that all the time I kept thinking about throughout the whole trip was my dogs that waited fro me back home, and the friends that I talk to everyday, from all around the world. I really miss you all. And:

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Today is the beginning of 2009, and as I've said in my earlier post that it'll be a challenging year. I'm hoping we'll get through 2009 together and that our friendships will last forever.

The last thing I want to say to you in this post is:

You fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joom!!

Thanks for charing the lovely pictures.

It really shows what a great time you all had!! =o)

I understand your feelings for the loved ones at home... but its very nice to know that they are there when you come home again... isn't it?
;o)

I can emagine that you had lots of kisses from them... =o)

I love you to... its so nice to "visit" you every day.

/Carina

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and blessings to each of you for a blessed year.

Joom... thank you for sharing your photos withus and the world...they are much appreciated..however I wish I could have been their...as you stated.."us" dog people are in desperate need of vacation..hahah

I do have to comment on the smuggeling of pudding.. that is hilarious...we are famous for smuggeling the dogs were ever we go...so I know the drill...
Places like New York that we travel to so frequently is very dog friendly "thank God"..lots of the hotels as well as the restuarants..allow well behaved pets with themmm so it is nice..

To Joom and all of you....we are off to a fresh start...lets make it a good one.

God Bless

Michelle


ps Diana.. I am counting my days down.... ten days and counting.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

You are a good photographer, Joom!
I enjoyed the photos very much. Pudding looks so cute, and so small, it's no wonder that the hotel staff didn't notice!

I loved the giraffe being fed by your kids! And the pandas are just incredible.

Sometimes, a local trip is the best thing, because it reminds us of the beauty within reaching distance.

Your boys have grown up into tall men, they are so handsome! Thank goodness for Saiyai. Having a daughter is very special, I know.

I pray that 2009 will keep all of us safe and healthy, always within the loving circle of family and friends.

Blessings for everybody, Joom, Carina, Jasper, Michelle, Selena, Marina, Lala, Ellika & Peter, Karen, Stacia, and all the friends I have met here!

Diana

Diana

Anonymous said...

Hello from France ... I wish you a Happy New Year, with a lot of happiness; have a very good year 2009./Marie

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Hello!!! Happy New Year to You Carina,Diana,Michelle and Marie. Love you all.

Unknown said...

i wish i was in chiang mai too... i miss thailand i miss you i miss pudding i miss orchid i miss masa i miss cash i miss baron i miss mango and rice i miss so much but still looking ahead for a great new year...

Anonymous said...

Sawadee Pee Mai!

Those are some really nice photos from Chiang Mai! It's great to see you all together, but it really makes me miss all of you, my family in Thailand!

I think everyone was able to see through your blog in 2008 how much love you have to offer and how willing you are to share it. I wish you the best in 2009!

With love

Skyler

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Stacia and Skyler,

It's very nice to hear from both of you in New Year season. You both are the ones I've met in persons,here in Thailand!!! Next time of your visit, I wish you visit Chiangmai.

Skyler, Please give my hugs to Than-Ong. Thanks you and your family for taking care of him.

MISS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joom !
Fine ! It is good to be next to family. The most important in life it is family. Our children our riches and hope . Protect you the god.!

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Dear Marina, I'm rich when I've got all of you as friends.Thanks for coming in my life.

Anonymous said...

i think i forgot to tell you that i love you too

happy 2009
love
ike
Dolchai

Yupayao - Saiyai Doghome, Thailand www.saiyaidoghome.com said...

Love you too,Ike.Please give my hugs and kisses to the gang of Scotties as well. Love you all always.

Anonymous said...

The slide show on your blog is absolutely wonderful! - I looked at it
several times!/Mary

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you again a very Happy New Year! I hope this New Year is filled with peace and lots of love, health and tons of hugs for you and your family. I really enjoyed all the pictures of you and your family! You have a beautiful family! You all look so happy! Pudding is just to cute!!! /Roxana